Monday, September 5, 2011

Introduction Letter!!!!

My name is Ana Estevez, and I lived in Vista, CA.  I came from a big family of seven members, and all I can say is that I LOVE THEM.  I was born in the beautiful southern state of Oaxaca Mexico, and sixteen years later I moved to the United States.  I received all my education from K to some part of high school in my native country.  My education career in the United States began in Orange Glen High School, and it continued in Palomar Community College. I just recently finish my AA degree in Liberal Studies, and now my plan is to obtain my BA and teacher license in CSUSM.  I had spent the last years of my life learning English, but I still have to work in my accent = )  That is the main reason why I don’t speak much in class, but I’m encouraging myself to change such habit.  My dream of becoming a teacher began as a kid and although it has been hard I’m in my half way to reach my goal.
Where am I at the technology continuum? All I can say is that it exists. I’m not a huge fun of technology, and I only know the basic of computers skills.  As a future educator I have on mind that I have to expand my knowledge in all areas to help 21first century kids, and I cannot leave technology behind.  I have a lab top which I don’t use often, but other than that I am amazed with all the technology innovations. Currently, I used more my phone than a computer because I can access any website from it.  I know I will learn a lot this semester, and I am excited about this class.
              To be honest, I applied to CSUSM without knowing the mission of the College of Education community.  The part that speaks most to me is the commitment to diversity, and educational equity.  In a school classroom, we as future educator will deal with kids that learn in differently. Our job will be to pass our knowledge, and teach all students equally without distinguishing anyone.  Every kid has the right learn in their own way, and our job will be to find a way to help him or her.  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being halfway done with your teaching goal! It must have been so overwhelming to move to the US in high school and I'm sure you will be able to understand how many kids feel in schools who have recently moved here from another country. Hopefully you can change you bad habit of not speaking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a little hard because i had to start all over again... and I'm really hoping to change this semester.. so if you see me in class and i don't speak please please if it is necessary force to speak..

    ReplyDelete