Thursday, October 6, 2011

Technology Self Assesment: School 2.0

NETS-T 1 Using School 2.0, I explored a website that is called eLanguages that helps teachers around the world to share curriculum ideas for students.This exercise promoted creativity with technology since it allows students to know other students around the world.
 

In the Self Assessment, I choose to explore the Nest-T1 which is “Facilitate and Inspire student learning and Creativity.” I considered this module as the most important because as a future teacher I believe creative thinking is in the center of the learning process. Another reason, why I choose this module is because I want to help student’s to develop their
I explored one of the resources and it was called eLanguages http://www.elanguages.org/. It is a free online community of international teachers who share curriculum ideas for students. With eLanguages teachers can communicate and work with others in hope to develop an understanding of other’s culture.  For instance, there is a current project named “Dances across the globe,” where teachers post photos of dances performed by their students during school cultural events.
I think such idea shrinks the world since people especially teachers get to know other’s culture. Teachers can transmit their new learning to students and together they can explore and learn new experiences. I really liked exploring this website because it gave me ideas in how I can expand my creativity to introduce  my students other cultures and beliefs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment